We are glad that you have chosen to visit our website. We take our data protection responsibilities very seriously.
Confio operates http://www.confio.gmbh (the “Site”). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site. We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Site. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
1. Information Collection And Use
We may collect and process the Personal Data that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email newsletter. This data may include:
1. your email address;
2. the date and time of registration;
3. your IP address.
This data is collected and processed for the purpose of sending you our newsletter. The legal basis for this processing is your consent as provided in the opt-in confirmation part of our newsletter sign-up process. Your email address will be stored as long we have the consent to send you a newsletter.
If you have subscribed to our newsletter, each time you receive a newsletter from us, we may collect and process Personal Data. This data may include:
1. the date and time you opened the email;
2. what (if any) links or URLs you accessed from our newsletter;
3. the location it was accessed from.
This data is collected and processed for the purpose of improving the content of our newsletter. The legal basis for this processing is your consent as provided in the opt-in confirmation part of our newsletter sign-up process and is our legitimate business interests, namely monitoring and improving our newsletter.
We may process any of your Personal Data where it is necessary to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the protection and assertion of our legal rights, your legal rights and the legal rights of others.
Further, we may process your Personal data where such processing is necessary in order for us to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the protection and assertion of our legal rights.
2. Use of 3rd party application
At the end of our website we link to our social media profiles. Those services might also collect Personal Data. Please refer to their privacy policies for more information.
4. Your rights as a data subject
You have the right to have any inaccurate personal information about you rectified and to have any incomplete personal information about you completed. You may also request that we restrict the processing of that information.
You have the general right to request the erasure of your personal information in the following circumstances:
• the personal information is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected;
• you withdraw your consent to consent based processing and no other legal justification
for processing applies;
• you object to processing for direct marketing purposes;
• we unlawfully processed your personal information;
• and erasure is required to comply with a legal obligation that applies to us.
We will proceed to comply with an erasure request without delay unless continued retention is necessary for:
• exercising the right of freedom of expression and information;
• complying with a legal obligation under EU or other applicable law;
• the performance of a task carried out in the public interest;
• archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes, or statistical purposes, under certain circumstances;
• and/or the establishment, exercise, or defence of legal claims.
You have a right to restrict processing of your personal information, such as where:
• you contest the accuracy of the personal information;
• where processing is unlawful you may request, instead of requesting erasure, that we restrict the use of the unlawfully processed personal information;
• we no longer need to process your personal information but need to retain your information for the establishment, exercise, or defence of legal claims.
You also have the right to object to processing of your personal information under certain circumstances, such as where the processing is based on your consent and you withdraw that consent. This may impact the services we can provide and we will explain this to you if you decide to exercise this right.
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes unless:
• you have a business relationship with us, and we rely on our legitimate interests as the lawful basis for processing (as described above)
• you have otherwise given your prior consent (such as when you download one of our guides)
You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us on the above details. On each and every marketing communication, we will always provide the option for you to exercise your right to object to the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes (known as ‘opting out’) by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ button on our marketing emails or choosing a similar opt-out option on any forms we use to collect your data. You may also opt-out at any time by contacting us on the below details.
Potsdamer Platz 1
7. Contact us
This website is owned and operated by Confio GmbH. We are registered on 7th Floor
Potsdamer Platz 1 10785 Berlin.
Potsdamer Platz 1